COMAX 2019-2020 – REPORT OF ACTIVITIES
Name of the Co-ordinator: Dr.Tinsy Rose Tom
The Department of Commerce at St.Xavier’s College for Women does take pains to use the effective tools to revitalize the youth and bring meaning and purpose in their lives. One such attempt is the existence of COMAX- Commerce Association.
- On 5th August, 2019, Assistant Professor and IQAC Co-coordinator of Nirmala College, Muvattupuzha, Dr.Sony Kuriakose inaugurated the function which was presided over the Principal, Rev.Sr.Dr.Geege Joanamma Xavier.The resource person gave an idea about current trends in Commerce and industry.
2K19, the newsletter of the Department was released by the respective HOD of English Department, Dr.Lima Antony. Various Competitions were arranged by COMAX at Inter departmental and Intradepartmental level.
The winners for different programmes organised are:
- Best Manager: Resmi C.J, II M.Com
- Corporate Walk: I B.Com
- Business Quiz: Principal distributed prizes to the winners
The new students were given an introduction the system prevailing in the college and the Department in particular. An ice breaking session was also included.
21st CENTURY CAREERS AND COMMUNICATION
- All the students were given an introduction on the current trends in careers.
- Outcome of the activity: The students can identify areas of interst and areas whrer they can be placed easily.
- Number of participants: Second Year B.Com Regular students 45 in number participated in the programme.
YEARLY PAPER PUBLICATION IN DISCOURSE
- All the faculties contributed to the first session of the college journal publication.
- An alumni Interaction with Dr.Rafeekamol was made available for the B.Com students.
- The students could understand career options prevailing in the field and the importance of women empowerment in the present context was also delivered.
PARTICIPATION IN ACADEMIC WEEK
The student actively participated in various programmes and even won prizes. This helped to create a sense of belongingness towards the college even after they leave the institution.
- All the faculties participated in the UBA survey as a part of social obligation.
- Outcome of the Activity: A detailed report of the survey was submitted.
- Relevance: Helps in identifying areas of social responsibility and obligation.
International workshop on innovations in Teaching and Learning using PBL Approach
- A practical session was organized as a part of workshop and paper presentations were also conducted. Teachers and students could identify recent technology based apps and usage in curriculum.
CONTRIBUTION TO FLOOD RELIEF
- The faculty at the Department contributed four days salary to support the victims of flood in 2019. In addition to the same an amount of Rs.5500 was contributed by the students.
- 42 students were taken on a one day industrial visit to Coir factory at Allapuzha. The students could get practical knowledge and application to the concepts learned.
BEST MANAGER CONTEST
Introduction: The students were given an aptitude test for 10 minutes by GIIMS,Kochi at college level and students who win the first round will be evaluated at state level.
RESEARCH ORIENTATION CLASS
The I M.Com students were given an orientation on framing questionnaire nd using tools in project report. This helped the students understand the various tools and techniques to be used in accordance with their study.
ACADEMIC WEEK ACTIVITY
The students of Department of Botany were given a class by Ms.Swarna of Commerce on prospects and opportunities in the field. The students could understand pros and cons in each area under the broad industry and current prospects.
- Two faculties Dr.Tinsy Rose Tom and Dr.Raji Mohan received guideship in commerce under Mahatma Gandhi University.
- Paper publication in Scopus indexed Journals .
- 1 Ph.D awarded
- 2 Ph.Ds awarded (Dr.Midhunasree A.P and Dr.Ranjini.R.Varma )under the Guidance of Dr.Vimala.P .
- 3 Faculties completed NPTEL Courses
- 4 Students qualified UGC NET.
- Fousteena Jini Jose Jesna Shilpa Joshy
- 3 Students from I M.Com completed NPTEL courses.
- 13 students from III B.Com completed NPTEL courses
- 4 students from II B.com completed NPTEL courses.
- Aiswarya Udayan participated in the Seminar on Raising India’s export Competitiveness organized by Department of Economic and Poliy Research and Foreign Exchange Department, RBI, Kochi.
- Nikhitha Pious participated in the Seminar on Raising India’s export Competitiveness organized by Department of Economic and Poliy Research and Foreign Exchange Department, RBI, Kochi.
- Seena John of II B.Com completed Certificate Course in Communication Skills in English and Grammar offered by PG Department of English.
- Deepthya Thampy of II B.Com completed Certificate Course in Communication Skills in English and Grammar offered by PG Department of English.
- R .Aiswarya bagged first prize in Hindi Essay and Hindi Short Writing
- Gimin Soosan Philip bagged second prize in English Elocution
- Chandana Anna Thomas bagged first prize in quiz Competition
- Meenu Johnson secured first prize in long Jump.
- Arathy Saju of II B.Com bagged second prize in Malayalam loud reading competition during library week events.
- Deepthya Thampi and Anjaly Jomon received first prize for quiz competition during Libarary week.
- Anjaly Jomon and Arathy Anil received third prize for Inter Collegiate Quiz competition at Rajagiri College.
- Lasima .K.K and Harsha Henry received second prize for games conducted under ASAP
- P.H received third prize for monoact organized by Theatre club.
- Anjaly Jomon and Athuly.P.B received first prize for Quiz Competition by ASAP.
- Asma Abdul Salam received third prize for loud reading competition (English) during library week.