The institution implements Formative and Summative assessment which are interwoven with the ongoing teaching-learning process. The assessment methods are varied, yet administered meticulously to ensure lucidity and transparency.
Assessment Methods and Frequency:
The Internal assessment is a continuous process that is done on a regular basis to have a cumulative effect. As per university guidelines the student performance is assessed based on:o Attendance
- Assignment (writing skills)
- Seminar (presentation skills)
- Internal Exams (knowledge levels)
Each component of Internal Assessment has fixed weightage –50% for two internal tests, 25% each for assignment and attendance
- Internal Exam – Twice a Semester.
- Project – Once during the Programme
- Seminar/Viva – Once a Semester
- Assignment – Once a Semester
- Class Tests – Monthly
- Model Exam – Once a Semester
Mode of Assessment
- Internal exam committee, the IQAC and College Council work along to ensure transparency and robustness.
- The head of the department, internal exam coordinator of the department (if any) and class teachers oversee the conduct of exams
- Distribution of valued answer scripts with teacher-student discussion to clarify doubts regarding evaluation in person
- The tentative dates of internal examination are published in the academic calendar
- The schedule and syllabus of the exam are published well in advance.
- Preparation of question paper in accordance with university examination format.
- Internal exam question papers, student projects of earlier years preserved in the departments for reference purposes.
- Online access to previous question papers in the college library
- Digitalization of attendance and Internal scores in the college online portal a for student verification.
- Release of students’ Progress reports and discussion with parents during open house meetings.
- Publication of internal exam reports (A and B forms)
- Three-tier verification: The concerned subject teachers, class tutors and the internal exam coordinators ensure correctness of the Exam Reports before forwarding them to the university.