The Department of Commerce began its journey in the year 1982 with an undergraduate programme aimed at developing and nurturing global competencies among students through quality education and research. The Department focuses on the multifaceted human resource development of the women students anticipating covetable academic achievements that will assure them excellent career prospects in life. The department has always attempted to impart the most competitive professional training to the students. The department was upgraded to the Post Graduate Department in 1984 with specialization in Financial Management. The department was elevated to the position of a Research Centre in commerce in 2013. There are 5 research guides in the research centre.
The department consists of 7 full time permanent faculty members to impart quality education to students. In order to keep pace with recent developments and updates, faculty members of the department participate in training programmes, workshops, and seminars. The faculty keep abreast with the changing times by publishing research articles in various reputed journals. The faculty of the department have presented research papers in State, National and International seminars. The department also encourages the extra-curricular activities of the students through department association “COMAX”. It also maintains a commerce lab to provide experiential learning.
The department has a well-furnished seminar hall with 50 seating capacity and smart board facility. A well-furnished research centre cum computer lab is also available in the department for the students. In order to support the research activities of the department, well-furnished research centre with a library facility and computers with internet facility are provided for both research scholars as well as the P.G. students.
- To impart problem solving and application skills in the domain of Commerce studies through experiential learning methods.
- To provide a good foundation for students for their progression towards excellence.
- To sharpen entrepreneurship and managerial skills in students to enable them to establish themselves as empowered women.
- To enable students to become competent and future ready.
- To develop self reliant, socially committed and upright citizens as assets to the nation.
- PhD in Commerce
- M Com Finance and Taxation
- B Com Finance & Taxation Model I
Career oriented Courses:
- Global Trade management
- Bank coaching
- TALLY – In collaboration with LCC
- ACCA and CMA Coaching
- NET Coaching for the Post Graduate students
- Securities Operations And Risk Management
- Computerised Accounting Tally Program
ADD ON PROGRAMMES
1. SECURITIES OPERATIONS AND RISK MANAGEMENT: it is an introductory course to capital market. Undergoing the course will enable the students to understand security markets in detail with added practical exposure. The course is done in collaboration with Geojit Financial Services Limited, the pioneer in capital market operations. This course covers topics on introduction to the security market, security broking operations, riskmanagement, clearing and settlement process, online live trading sessions etc
Course Duration: 2 Months
Mode of Teaching: Online
2.COMPUTERISED ACCOUNTING TALLY PROGRAM- the course is to introduce students to computerised form of accounting and GST filing. The course is done in collaboration with accounts Academy Thrissur., authorised training partner of KELTRON. The course concludes with an exam were successful candidates get government certificate.
Course Duration: 3 Months
Mode of Teaching: Online and Offline
3.CMA and ACCA coaching
Coaching classes for globally accepted professional course like CMA US and ACCA UK are offered after class hours as add on.
CMA is one of the most reputed management accounting courses all over the world. It’s more popular in the USA and it has a presence in over 100 countries. Most domains in finance concentrate about certification but CMA is different, it focuses on management accounting as well as financial management. Thus, CMA is more comprehensive than any other course in the financial domain. Sitting for CMA is more convenient for students. It has over 100 examination centers all over the world and you just need to clear two exams to get certified. Even each exam is only of 4 hours duration.
ACCA is one of the best accounting certification courses. ACCA has been training and educating students for a long time. Over 436,000 students have already passed out doing ACCA and they all are employed in reputed companies. What makes ACCA more dignified is its presence over 180 countries. Like CMA, the curriculum of ACCA is also very comprehensive. It not only deals with the finance domain, but it also emphasizes technical and management aspects of finance as well.
ACCA has a great global presence. Moreover, you would get a world-class education under a very short budget – which is rare. And once you complete the course, you would be recognized as one of the best accountants in the world. Even companies prefer ACCA professionals more than anyone in the accounting domain.