IQAC – Vision
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern of the Institution through
institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic
and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through
internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The IQAC ensures:
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- Credibility of assessment and evaluation process
- The adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad
Some of the functions of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and
faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching
and learning process
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and
promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including
adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of
maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines
and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to
a) Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
b) Ensure internalization of the quality culture
b) Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and
institutionalize all good practices
c) Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
d) Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
e) Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of St. Xavier’s College for Women, Aluva is
the central system that promotes ‘quality culture’ within the institution by developing
mechanisms and procedures to help the institution to grow exponentially. It channelizes the
efforts of each department towards academic excellence by insisting on integration of modern
methods of teaching and learning. It promotes research mentality and rallies towards forming
linkages with other institutions.
Formed in accordance with the guidelines and norms set by NAAC, it tries to ensure that
quality is strictly maintained, sustained and augmented by taking the needs of all the stakeholders
into consideration. The cell helps in ensuring more effective and active participation and
contribution of all the stakeholders. The IQAC meets at least twice every year to discuss plans
and review progress of the earlier plans implemented.