The Department of Mathematics was established in the year 1964 with the introduction of the Undergraduate course in Mathematics in 1968. The Department stands aloft as a unique place to cater to the needs of Mathematics students. Equipped with highly efficient , qualified and committed faculty members, the Department provides a unique platform for the overall development of the students.
The Department takes special care to conduct remedial classes, mentoring sessions, academic support programmes, interaction with illustrious alumni, international and national level conferences and seminars. The Department is keen to organize various inter-collegiate competitions, exhibitions etc. and also support students to participate in the competitions organized in other reputed institutions.
Students are encouraged to avail tech-based platforms like MOOC, SWAYAM, Moodle, Google class room and NPTEL. Intellectual assistance and guidance is given to the students in the area of research.They are also encouraged to present academic papers and carry out external funded student projects. Scholarships are provided by the retired faculty of the Department to those who excel in studies, extra-curricular activities and extension activities.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- Equip the students to understand the basic and advanced concepts in Mathematics.
- Motivate the students to explore the possibilities of applying Mathematics in real life.
- Mould the students intellectually and professionally so as to cope up with the increasing demands of the highly competing society.
- Enable the students to achieve effective career progression, whether academic or employment oriented.
- Computer Lab with internet facility.
- 100% ICT enabled class rooms.
- Smart class room.
- B. Sc. Mathematics Model I (With Physics and Statistics as Complementary courses).
- Core courses for B. Sc. Mathematics.
- Complementary Courses for B.Sc. Physics & Chemistry, B.A. Economics and Integrated MSc. in Basic Sciences- Chemistry
- Open Course – Applicable Mathematics- for V semester B. Sc. /B.A. /B. Com.
- Choice Based Course –Numerical Analysis- for VI semester B. Sc. Mathematics.
- Core course for B. A. Economics.
- Complementary course for B.Sc. Mathematics and Physics.
Add on courses offered by the department in 2022-23
- An introduction to LaTeX (for III year B Sc Mathematics)
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation
Contact E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com