Grievance Redressal Cell
This Cell is functional with the principal as the head and three faculty members as
coordinators. It addresses the sensitive areas that need patient listening, understanding, care, and of course redressal in the form of needy action. The pulse of all stakeholders is accessed
through open, uninhibited written suggestions. It is functioning according to the following
1. All complaints are first addressed by Grievance Committee whose composition is as
a. The principal of the college- Chairperson
b. Three senior faculty members nominated by the Principal of the College.
c. One Student representative nominated by the Principal of the College.
2 The tenure of the members shall be two years.
3. The quorum for the meeting shall be two.
4. The committee shall send the report and recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor of the
affiliating University within a period of 15 days of receipt of the complaint.
Committee Members 2020-2021
1. Dr. Sr. Geege Joanamma Xavier(Principal)- Chair person
2. Ms Lincy Joseph, Associate Professor, Department of English
3. Ms Bindu Varghese, H.O.D., Department of Communicative English
4.. Miss Athira Suresh, II M.Sc. Physics.
Different methods for registering of Grievances
- Digital feedback is taken from all the students through the computer lab towards the
end of each academic year.
- Suggestion boxes are installed in common areas of all the departments and near the
college office in which the students can drop their suggestions and complaints with or
without revealing their identity.
- Open Your Hearts -an interactive session of the representatives of each class for UG,
PG and Self-Financing stream with the principal are held separately as an initiative
aimed to bring the voices of the students directly in a stress-free situation.
- The College portal has an online Grievance Redressal area for registering their
complaints. Complaints can be filed online at email@example.com or
through the link given in the website on academic and non-academic matters. This is
introduced to enable the students to express their grievances easily without delay.