Dr. Revathy. S has been working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Zoology, at St. Xavier’s College for Women, Aluva , since 2011 . Her research interests include Fisheries, Aquaculture and Marine Biology. She was the Principal Investigator of the external funded research projects and has guided a number of student projects. She is an eager and enthusiastic learner and proficient in working with computers and technology. She has strong organizational and prioritization abilities and has held various important posts in the College.
- College Union Advisor: 2012-13
- PTA Executive Committee Member:2012-13
- OSAX Alumni Association Executive Committee Member:2012-13
- Zoology Association Staff Advisor:2012-13
- OSAX Alumni Association Secretary & Newletter “Nostalgia”:2013-16
- Zoology Association Staff Advisor & Editor of Zoology Departmental Magazine & Newsletter
- Zoology Club Coordinator Registered under WWF-India, 2015-16
- Painting & Photography Club Coordinator 2018-2019
- Dance Club Coordinator 2019-2020
- Institutions’ Innovation Council MHRD Convener 2019 onwards
- UBA Cell: 2020-2021
- University First Rank in BSc & MSc
- FLAIR National Internship in Teaching, Learning & Research, Dept of Higher education, Govt of Kerala
- Certificate of Appreciation from Samrambhak Mithra Idea Challenge 2019.
- First Prize for State Level Hackhathon 2020, organized by Industries Dept, Govt. of Kerala
Books Authored: 1, Chapters in Books:03, Paper Publications: 17
- Revathy S, Benno Pereira F.G. and Anu Thottappilly Cryopreservation of marine fish sperm-an emerging tool for enhancing fish production. Life sciences International Research Journal ISSN:2347-8691 Year : 2017 Vol:4, issue 1 Page # 164
- S, Benno Pereira F.G , Anu Thottappilly, Potential research highlights in cryopreservation of marine fish sperm. Proceedings of the International Seminar on Coastal Biodiversity Assessment. ISBN 978-93-5267-385-8. Year : 2017 Page # 278-295
Minor Research Project :01
- Integrating reproductive biology of Sillago sihama ( Forskal 1775) – a candidate species for mariculture from cochin waters into scientific advice for fisheries management. University Grants Commission (Completed)
Student Projects (KSCSTE Funded): 02 (Completed)
- Food & Feeding Habits of Sillago sihama (Forskal 1775)- a candidate species for mariculture from Cochin Waters.
- A study on the ecological role and significance of millipedes on the decaying of leaf litter.