Dr. Seema K has been working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Zoology, St. Xavier’s College For Women, Aluva, since 2005. Her research interests include wetland ecology, avifaunal and biodiversity studies. She had organised several extension activities and co-ordinated various intercollegiate events.
- Value Education in-Charge: 2009-2010
- Staff Association Secretary: 2010-2011
- OSAX (Alumni association) Executive Committee Member: 2009-2014
- National Service Scheme Programme Officer: 2011-2014
- Head of the Department: 2014-2019
- College Council Member: 2014-2019
- PTA Executive Committee Member 2015-2017
- OSAX (Alumni association) Secretary: 2016-2020
- Admission Committee member: 2019-2020
- Senior Assistant Superintendent for University Examinations: 2020-2021
- Editor of Book “EVOLUTION”, Zoological Society of Kerala Text Book Series published by Zoological Society of Kerala in 2019. ISBN:978-81-939629-3-0
- Seema K, Sugathan R and John George M (2016) A Comparative study on the Wetland avifaunal diversity of Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, Thattekkad, Kerala in Discourse, Vol.4. ISSN 2321 – 0214
- Seema K and Niya Benny (2017) A Study on Breeding Biology and Population of Giant African Snail (Achatina fulica) and its Management in Thonniyakavu, Paravur Muncipality in Ernakulam District Kerala in Life Sciences International Research Journal Vol 4, Issue 2. ISSN 2347 – 8691
- Co-investigator of UGC funded Minor Research Project entitled ‘The Role of Coprophagous Beetle on Dung decomposition and Enhancement of Soil Fertility’.
- Teacher Investigator of student project funded by KSCSTE under STPYTiS-II entitled ‘Effect of Citronella Extract on the Developmental Stages of Aedes aegypti’.