Dr. Saumi Mary M wages as an Assistant Professor in English in the Post Graduate Department of English, St. Xavier’s COllege for Women, Aluva from October 2011. Her record of career also includes guest lectureship at Union Christian College , Aluva and St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam for an year each and Government service at Government Higher Secondary School, N. Paravur for five years. Her range of academic pursuits include Cultural Studies, Postcolonial Studies, Gender Studies and Literary Criticism.
1. PRO of the College (2012-2013)
2. NSS Programme Officer, St. Xavier’s College, Aluva (2013-2015, 2018-2019)
3. Extension Activities in Charge of English Department (2016-2017)
4. IQAC Member (2017- Till date)
5. PTA Executive Committee Member (2017-2018)
6. College Magazine Staff Editor – “Pokam # Unlimited” (2017-2018)
7. Dance Club in Charge (2012- 2018)
8. Women Cell (2017-2018)
9. English Association in Charge (2018-2019)
10. Non- Registered Clubs Coordinator (2019-2020)
11. College Students’ Council Staff Supervisor (2020-2021)
1. Completed a Minor Research Project sanctioned by UGC for Rs. 1,40,000/-
2. Recipient of Certificate of Merit – Best NSS Programme Officer Award, MGU
3. Recipient of Outstanding Personality Award – India International Friendship Society,NGO 2015
4. Organised a National Level Webinar Series in Literature: SPECTRA 2020
5. Organised Ernakulam Zonal Level Workshop on Gandhi Margam
6. Resource Person- External mentoring Session for Walk With the Scholar Programme
7. Subject Expert–Selection Committee of XII Plan Faculty Development Programme,UGC
8. M. Phil Viva Examiner – Amrutha Institute of Arts and Science
9. Resource Person- Expert Talk on Personality Development
10. Resource person -Expert Talk on Gender Equity
1. “Indian Cinema and Pop Culture” in Epitome Journal: International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research; Vol. 2, Issue 5, May 2016, ISSN: 2395-6968.
2. “Humour and Subversion: D.M. Thomas's Charlotte v/s Jean Rhys's Wide Sargasso Sea.” Published in IJIRD Journal, Volume 3, Issue 6, June, 2014. Impact Factor: 2.94
3. “EXPLORING THE LOW CULTURE : ITEM NUMBERS AND THEIR CULTURAL VALUE” in Discourse published by St. Xavier’s College for Women, Aluva.
4. “Cultural Deviation and Family Transformation: Kamala Markandaya’s Nectar in a Seive” in Family Portraits published by Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram.
5. “Food for Identity: Imtiaz Dharker's “At the Lahore Karhai” in CASS Studies, UGC Approval No:40934; CASS-ISSN:2581-6403.
Publications other than Literary Article
1. Translated a book – My Call, My Epiphany, a tell tale of the priestly life of Fr. Joy Thottankara.