Dr. Jaya Kuruvilla is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Botany, where she has been since 2005. From 2010 to 2016 she served as Head of the department. She was on deputation for doing Ph.D under the F.D.P. programme of U.G.C. from 2017 to 2019. Her areas of research include Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry.
- College Students Council Advisor
- Faculty in charge, Bhoomithra Club
- Faculty in charge, Lotus Nature Club
- Secretary OSAX (Alumni Association)
- PTA executive member
- First Rank Holder in B Sc. and M Sc. Botany
- Selected for SPM Fellowship test of CSIR-UGC
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- Jaya Kuruvilla, R. Shankar Iyer, M. Anilkumar. 2019. Phytochemical evaluation and HPTLC fingerprint profile of Cissus latifolia Lam. stem. International Journal of Pharmaceutical sciences and Research. 10(2): 568- 577
- Jaya Kuruvilla and M. Anilkumar. 2018. Pharmacognostical studies in the leaves of Ceiba pentandra (L.) Gaertn. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 7(6): 46-54.
Paper Presentation (Proceedings)
- HPTLC profiling of Ceiba pentandra (L.) Gaertn in the International Seminar on Phytochemistry – 2018 held on March 26th and 27th, 2018 at JNTBGRI (Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute), Palode, Thiruvananthapuram.